Saturday, December 26, 2009

home is where the heart is??...

So I should be working on websites, packing up my stuff to move again, or do something productive... but when my sister and her husband started to give me crap about how much I move, I decided to write it all out to figure out really how many times it has been. Final tally... 12 times in 7 years!! At one point it was atleast twice a year, but guess there was a few times in there I got a little settled. Here is the list I came up with:

August 2003 - dorms in Norman, OK (roommate Stephanie Malone)
May 2004 - parent's house in Carrolton, TX
August 2004 - duplex on Flood St. in Norman, OK (roommate Lindsay Bowen)
August 2005 - 4 bedroom apartment at Campus Lodge in Norman, OK (roommates Stephanie Malone, Jaclyn McNeil, and Jackie Anderson Manack)
July 2006 - quadplex on College Ave in Norman, OK (roommate Miss Ritz)
April 2007 - parent's in Catoosa, OK
September 2007 - apartment at Remington on Memorial in Tulsa, OK (roommate Miss Ritz)
November 2007 - dustin's house at 85th and Harvard in Tulsa, OK (Miss Ritz, Dustin, and Ralph)
October 2008 - apartment at Vintage on Yale in Tulsa, OK (roommate Miss Ritz and 3 months with Paige Woodruff)
August 2009 - parent's house in Catoosa, OK
September 2009 - hodge's house in Carrollton, TX
December 2009 - studio apartment at Post Heights in Dallas, TX (Jenna and Miss Ritz, reunited roommates again)

Then I started going through trying to find pictures of all the places I have lived. So many memories (and a huge reminder that I really should use some of this unemployment time to organize all my pictues in some systematic order bc it is driving me crazy!). Some memories feel like yesterday, some feel like a lifetime ago.. and a completely different person. I have changed and grown so much at every residence. I obviously love change, but have cried at almost every move. I don't know why the physical place which one resides has such an a strong affect on who one is, and maybe its not to alot of people.. but to mean, each place holds so much in my heart. Home is definitely where the heart is, but each home has meant so much in where I have been and who I have become. Each place having a physical, tangible remembrance of defining moments throughout my life. Here are some pics I found of the different places I have lived...

University of Oklahoma Dorms
suprisingly even with our differences of cleanliness and organization, we got along really well :)

My side of the room
Steph's side













Duplex on Flood
Probably one of my favorites because the back porch was amazing! I still am amazed at how I worked with that tiny closet though!
The awesome back porch!





My friend Eric and I in my shabby chic room!




Campus Lodge

Not such a great year for me here. But definitely alot of stories and looking back saying "what was I thinking!" All to make me who I am today :)

Not really what it looked liked, but is a good image to sum up my year there... a disaster.












In my room getting ready to go out for my 21st Birthday.




Quadplex on College

I love love loved this place because it was my first time in my life to live alone! It was only 420 sq ft and built in the 30's, but it was allll mine!













My friend Kandice and Ritzy's first boyfriend Skyyzer.


Remington on Memorial (Tulsa)

My first "big girl" apartment. All new furniture (great graduation present from moms and pops) and I had an amazing view. The shortest though of all the places I have lived.





House on 85th and Harvard (Tulsa)
Great learning experience and period of growth in my life. And I had my own "getting ready" room & ping pong room... so fun!

























Vintage on Yale (Tulsa)

A lot of growing up and learning who I was as an individual. Best Summer of my life taken place in this apartment when Paigekins lived on my couch!



Post Heights (Dallas)

Finally getting to live in the City!!! Walking distance to shops, restaurants, bars, and a running trail. Rooftop deck, granite and stainless steel appliances! It is going to be a tight fit, but I am SO excited to be in Dallas with the most amazing people!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it, I have moved a lot too but not as much as you! Someday all of us will be settled!